What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a UI Designer to join our Product Design team. You’ll be helping us with our ambitious vision to make live music accessible to the world and create incredible fan experiences.
You’ll have a solid background in visual design, and be able to create the necessary artifacts to deliver exceptional design across the Songkick brand.
You’ll be actively involved in product development, working with the wider team to bring our product to life and define its visual language. You’ll be working with product managers, product designers, and developers, using their input to guide your design decisions. You’ll have a strong feeling for how live music can change people’s lives and that will breathe in every pixel of Songkick because of you.
You’ll challenge & inspire us with your perception of what’s possible. You will design user experiences that maintain the integrity of the brand but feel fresh, whilst keeping a strong sense of what’s usable and pragmatic at heart.
We want to work with someone who will challenge the way we think about design at Songkick.
We’ll give you all the tools and support you need to experiment, play and test your hypotheses and ideas with a huge audience. This is UI design on a global scale. You’ll learn from and work with people across the music industry.
Responsibilities and requirements
- Develop and maintain the visual language of Songkick across all our products digital (web, mobile) and print.
- The user experience is the brand. You’ll understand how our users’ interaction with the product should inform your work and inspire new directions.
Principles & best practice
- Advocate for clean and consistent design, no matter who you’re talking to. You’ll be the guardian of our UI patterns, brand and style guides and will teach others why they’re important.
- Researching UI design and development techniques to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex UI problems.
Teamwork & communication
- Work with our cross-functional team to understand what problem we’re trying to solve and translate that into beautiful visual hierarchy so we can build the best experience possible. You’ll argue for removing every extraneous element until Dieter Rams would be proud.
- Effectively communicate your own ideas and design process confidently with everyone in the organisation.
- You’ll need to be exceptionally clear and precise when communicating, across multiple teams and stakeholders.
Tools of the trade
- You are able to create high-fidelity UI designs, concepts, interaction designs, sketches and prototypes using tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Axure, Invision, Marvel, etc.
- Ability to design-in-the-browser with basic HTML and CSS skills would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience working in Agile or Lean product teams is desirable.
- Experience working across multiple platforms (Apps, Web, Email)
- You must have at least 3+ years industry experience in visual design for digital experiences.