What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Product Designer Lead to join our Product Design team. You’ll need the kind of solid intuition that comes from a few years in the field and a passion for well-defined, detailed user experience design. You’ll need to explore multiple approaches to solving particular problems and work with product teams to refine your ideas.
You’ll have a solid background in interaction design, and be able to create the necessary artifacts to communicate what the user experience ought to be, whether that’s prototypes, sketches, user personas or lifecycle/journey frameworks. You’ll know how best to communicate your ideas to help the team understand what we’re making.
You’ll challenge & inspire us with your perception of what’s possible. You will design user experiences and interactions that feel fresh, yet keep a strong sense of what’s usable and pragmatic at heart. We want to work with someone who will challenge the way we think about product design at Songkick.
At Songkick, we'll give you all the tools and support you need to experiment, play and test your hypotheses and ideas with a huge audience. This is Product Design on a global scale. You'll learn from and work with people across the music industry. At Songkick, we all own the products. We nurture them and take them from seedlings into (sometimes) enormous giants. We monitor them, regularly change them, and enjoy seeing how people use them.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Propose enhancements to the product roadmap based on the results of research/analysis, with a focus on improving user experience, improving conversion rates, and customer retention.
- Bachelor of Arts in Design or similar field or equivalent work experience in UI Design, Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture.
- Experience in user research or usability testing best practices, specifically in regards to user-centered design.
- General understanding of how design impacts development along with a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible.
- Develop the information architecture of complex, interactive experiences across channels and brands.
- Work across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Web) and markets (B2C, B2B, internal) to create cohesive product experiences.
- You’ll need to be exceptionally clear and precise when communicating, across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Experience working in Agile or Lean product teams.
- Advocate for lean UX principles - there won’t be any 800 page UX specifications here.
- Experience in hypothesis-driven design, A/B testing, and defining cheap ways of learning and iterating.
- Focus on metrics and shipping fast while designing elegant solutions for the problem at hand.
- You can quickly build prototypes that show what’s possible, which we’ll test online quickly with millions of real users or in our in-house usability lab.
- Prioritise and communicate the user’s needs for everything we build.
- Write humane, humorous, and lucid copy for the interfaces and interactions you design.
- Work with our product team to build the best experiences possible: whether that’s changing a design to adapt to technical constraints or suggesting a new feature that our users will love. There’s no ego on our team, and we want to keep it that way.